A 15-year-old refugee who raped a five-year-old boy and said he would “break him into pieces” has been handed a rehabilitation order. The teen, who cannot be named, told the boy to perform a sex act on him just months after arriving in the UK from Europe to be with his father.
He threatened the five-year-old not to tell anyone, but the victim told his mum about the day after the attack in Derby on October 30 last year and the 15-year-old was arrested. In his interview through an interpreter, the rapist told officers: “I have been bad,” and he admitted he carried out the rape on the young boy.
At Derbyshire Youth Court on Friday yesterday the 15-year-old admitted rape and was given a three-year youth rehabilitation order. Sentencing, Judge Jonathan Bennett said: This was a very unpleasant offence against a young boy and experts will want to work with you to ensure this will never be repeated again.
“There are a number of troubling issues I have read about you in your background and if I was sentencing an adult for an offence as serious as this they would receive a very substantial period in prison. However, this does not apply to you as a youth and there are different guidelines for someone your age.”