BREAKING: Nine Children On School Trip Rushed To Hospital With “Gas Poisoning”

Nine British children are in hospital from suspected poisoning at a hotel in Northern Spain. The schoolchildren are believed to have been staying at the four star Campomar Hotel in the village of Isla, close to the port of Santander as part of a school trip.

The children are said to be suffering from the side effects of carbon monoxide poisoning and have been taken to the Marques do Valdecilla Hospital in the city. Several others are being checked and monitored by medical experts near the hotel. At least 27 people have been injured in total with 13 taken to hospital – the British children among them. Five people are said to be seriously injured, however none of them are thought to be British.

The hotel’s first floor was evacuated at around 9.10am following the leak which is believed to have happened in a bathroom. It was when one of the couples in a group of pensioners failed to go down for breakfast that a problem was first noticed. The hotel manager went to check on them and found them semi-conscious in their room. Witnesses said that one person had to be revived after suffering cardiac arrest when they were pulled from the building.