Horror As Two Children Killed By Kites After Kite String Slashed Their Throats

Two children have died in horrific accidents after kite strings slashed their throats.kiteBoth incidents happened in Delhi, India when the youngsters were looking out from a car’s sunroof. Three-year-old Sanchi Goyal was in the car with her parents. As she peered out of the roof, the razor sharp thread from a kite sliced through her throat. She died in her mother’s lap, before they reached hospital.

In another case, a four-year-old boy called Harry was travelling with his parents and sister when he too looked out from the sunroof. He was thrown back down on to the seat almost immediately, bleeding heavily from his neck after a kite string cut deep into his flesh and died later in hospital.

Police have registered a case against an unidentified individual, but authorities say it is very difficult to establish blame.

In recent years, cheap synthetic and nylon kite strings from China have flooded Indian markets. The imported product is coated with powdered glass, making it both extremely sharp and strong. The Delhi government is going to impose a ban on its sale and use.