Man Airlifted To Hospital After His Body Catches Fire At Frankie & Benny’s

A man was airlifted to hospital with severe burns when he was set on fire from the waist down in a Frankie and Benny’s restaurant.frankEmergency crews were called to the eatery in Rochdale, Greater Manchester, at 11.16am. Paramedics discovered a man who had suffered burns below his waist in the incident at a retail park.

Eye-witnesses reported smashed glass on some of the tables and ripped clothes strewn on the floor outside the restaurant.

The Frankie and Benny’s is currently cordoned off, although it is still unknown at this stage how the man became on fire.
He was rushed to Wythenshawe Hospital by air ambulance, reports Manchester Evening News. A spokesman for the North West Ambulance Service confirmed that medics were called to help a man this morning.